by Ry “Roshen” Schueller
Log in to the Beta server and you could be seeing and testing the new expansion before it launches!
Open Beta for EverQuest II: Tears of Veeshan will open tomorrow, on Tuesday, October 15, 2013. This is a great chance for players to check out the new Channeler class and new dragon-themed Alternative Advancement (AA) systems for each archetype. We’d love your feedback on these features, as well as other parts of the expansion! Beta will last until the launch of Tears of Veeshan on Tuesday, November 12, 2013!
How to copy your Live and/or Test character over to the Beta server:
- You can click the 'Beta Copy' button on the character create screen to copy the currently selected character.
- You can log in your character and then use the /beta command.
To patch and get into the Beta servers:
- Start your live launchpad
- In the top-left corner, click the 'Version' link which will open the 'Select Game Version' panel
- In the drop-down you can choose 'Beta' then hit 'Apply' to patch the corresponding server
- Hit 'Play' once the patching completes
- Beta installs into a subfolder that requires about the same amount of space your live install takes.
- Remember to set the 'Version' back to your regular setting to get back onto your normal servers.
- The Beta server may not be accessible at all times.
- This server is wiped periodically, meaning beta characters may be deleted with or without notice.
Have you pre-ordered yet? Don’t miss your chance to get a discounted Collector’s Edition and an item exclusive to players that pre-order, the Veeshan Loyalty Cloak. Pre-order EverQuest II: Tears of Veeshan here.