The Children of War update brings changes to the the Player Versus Player gameplay style available on our PVP servers, a new battlegrounds lobby, as well as a new battleground scenario.
PVP ChangesPVP Critical Mitigation:
- This REPLACES normal Critical Mitigation for any critical damage that comes from a player or player pet.
- This REPLACES normal Critical Mitigation in all cases while in a battleground zone.
- This REPLACES normal potency for damage done from a player or player pet, to a player or player pet.
- This REPLACES normal potency for heals if either the player casting the heal, or the person receiving the heal is in PVP combat.
- This REPLACES normal potency in all cases while in a battleground zone.
PVP Critical Bonus:
- This REPLACES normal critical bonus for damage done from a player or player pet to another player or player pet.
- This REPLACES normal critical bonus for healing done if either the player casting the heal, or the person receiving the heal is in PVP combat.
- This REPLACES normal critical bonus in all cases while in a battleground zone.
PVP Multi Attack:
- This REPLACES normal multi attack for all attacks from a player or player pet against another player or player pet.
- This REPLACES normal multi attack in all cases while in a battleground zone.
PVP Spell Multi Attack:
- This REPLACES normal spell multi attack for all spells cast against another player or player pet.
- This REPLACES normal spell multi attack for all blue point blank AOE spells casts while in PVP combat.
- This REPLACES normal spell multi attack in all cases while in a battleground zone.
Champion's Respite is the new battleground lobby, a zone where players from any same-language server can meet together. There are battleground gear merchants and quest givers available on site. Players from different same-language servers can form groups/raids and queue together. A portal located at each of the city zones near the BG vendors will allow players to get there from in game.
Battleground: The Frozen Tundra
The new battleground match type “Vanquish” is now available! The Coldain Dwarves and Kromzek Giants have come to a stalemate in their centuries long war.
Join the battle to help determine their victor by overcoming the opposing forces and destroying your enemy’s source of power! Visit the new Champions’ Respite lobby (via portals near existing battlegrounds NPCs in major cities) to assemble cross-server battlegrounds groups and visit the battlegrounds merchants, who are ready to serve you.
- Players enter the battlefield with 18 on each side, or three full groups.
- 18-player groups allow a different set-up from the 6-, 12-, and 24-player battlegrounds already found in game.
- At the start of the match, players will start on an elevated platform that they should jump down off of. This is also the respawn point.
- Players will start on either the Giant or Kromzek side. Killing either should have no impact on PVE faction; it is only for flavor and team identity.
- Dwarves and giants will start spawning in their bases and charging to the other base. They will charge down the north and south lane, but the center will be open to allow for player mobility.
- The dwarves and giants are equal in power and should cancel each other out without player support.
- Dwarves and giants will spawn in large towers that are destructible. If players defeat the tower these waves of spawns will stop coming.
- If NPCs reach the opposing base they will attack that side's general.
- With the general out of the way the players will need to attack and destroy the door to their base. NPCs will assist in attacking this barricade.
- Inside their base is a relic; the first team to defeat the opposing relic wins.
- NPCs will assist in attacking this relic. If there is a stalemate of power, the winning team will be based on points earned by killing each other.
- This zone is very large, so players may use ground mounts.
NPCs have been added to the match to allow PVE players to be beneficial while earning PVP armor. It should also help to drive the event because while NPCs are charging, players will need to decide and act immediately.
This scenario requires 1000 points to win.
- Relic: 1000 points
- Towers: 100points X 2towers = 200 points
- Guardian: 200 points
- Guardian Adds: 50points X 2adds = 100 points
- Wall: 200 points
- Captain: 35 points
- Soldiers: 10points X 4soliders = 40 points
- Player Kill: 1 point
New rewards feature:
- New adornments, including those with class focus effects (level 90 only)
- New armor for levels 30 to 90 using the ice dragon armor appearance.
- /spawn armor/pvp/battlegrounds/s2