As revealed in the July Producer’s Letter, Shattered Overture is the name of GU123. This game update will arrive on Beta Server for all to test on August 29th. This is an Open Beta test and a great chance for all players of all types to check out what’s coming in September.
During testing on Beta, here are some parts of the Game Update you can check out:
- Test the final enhancements for Miracula Weapons!
- 2 New Solo Dungeons
- 2 New Heroic Dungeons
- 15 New Collections
- 5 New Missions
- New Achievements
We also encourage sharing your feedback and bug reports with us on the forums in the new Shattered Overture section. For those of you who take the time to help us test Shattered Overture, thank you so much!
If you're interested in participating during a beta test, here are the details about how to do that.
To patch and get into the Beta server:
- Open your LaunchPad.
- In the top-left corner, click the 'Version' link which will open the 'Select Game Version' panel.
- Choose 'Beta' in the drop-down menu, and then hit 'Apply' to begin patching.
- Hit 'Play' once patching has completed.
Other Important Information:
- Beta installs into a sub-folder that takes about the same space as your live game version.
- Remember to set the 'Version' back to your regular setting to access your normal server.
- Players who wish to participate in the Game Update beta with their Live characters can use the /beta command in game to copy characters to the Beta server. This process can take up to 1 hour to complete.
- If your copied /beta character is not displaying on the Beta server, please create a level 1 character on Beta, log that character in, and then log it out. Copied character(s) should then appear on the character select screen.
- The Beta server may not always be accessible as patching and Beta server maintenance will occur whenever it’s necessary.
- The Beta server is wiped periodically, meaning Beta characters may be deleted with or without notice.
- Anything you do on a Beta server is exclusive to the Beta server, and will not affect your live characters, except when Beta rewards are offered for you to /claim on live.