Sony Online Entertainment
Have you ever wanted to see what Fan Faire is like behind the scenes? Now’s your chance to find out! Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) is looking for guest bloggers to write and record their Fan Faire adventures in Las Vegas! Backstage Bloggers will win prizes, and may be granted special access to several Fan Faire activities including panels, live quests, tournaments, and VIP events!
From Thursday, June 16, 2011, at 12:00:01 a.m. PDT, through Tuesday, June 28, 2011, at 11:59 p.m. PDT, SOE will host the official SOE Fan Faire - Backstage Blogger Contest, in which bloggers can use video and written submissions to show us how much they like their favorite SOE Games.
At the end of the contest, up to four winners will be selected as Backstage Bloggers! Backstage Bloggers will be awarded one Sony Bloggie™ Touch Camera Kit, one Fan Faire All-Access Pass, and special access to post their video and written blogs on the SOE Station Blog throughout Fan Faire.
Winners will be responsible for their own travel, accommodations, and other related expenses. Fan Faire attendance for all three (3) days and participation is required for contest eligibility.
Winners will be notified on or around July 1, 2011, and announced during Fan Faire!
Good luck to everyone, and we look forward to seeing you at Fan Faire!
The Selection Process:
A panel of judges will review the submissions and select a winner. The panel of judges will use a 0-100 point scale: 0-20 points for video blog originality, 0-20 points for written blog originality, 0-20 points for video blog creativity, 0-20 points for written blog creativity, 0-10 points for video blog thematic content, and 0-10 points for written blog thematic content consistent with the theme of the SOE Fan Faire Backstage Blogger Contest. In the unlikely event of a tie, the judging panel will break the tie by determining which of the tied entries better represents the theme of the contest.
Up to four (4) eligible contestants receiving the highest number of points from the panel of judges in each category combined will be a Grand Prize winner, subject to verification of eligibility by SOE following the contest period.
How to Enter:
Please carefully read the Official Contest Rules of this contest before submitting an entry.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST STATE AT THE BEGINNING OF BOTH YOUR VIDEO AND WRITTEN BLOG “THIS IS AN ENTRY TO A SONY ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT SPONSORED CONTEST.” CONTESTANTS WHO DO NOT COMPLY WITH THIS REQUIREMENT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
Submissions should be sent in an e-mail to SOEContests@soe.sony.com. Be sure to include all of the following information with your submission:
- Subject of E-mail: SOE Fan Faire - Backstage Blogger Contest
- Real Name:
- Character Name:
- Server Name:
- Station Name: (Username – do not include passwords.)
- Mailing Address: (Street Address, Apt. #, City, Zip Code – do not use P.O. Box.)
- Forum Community Handle: (if applicable)
- E-mail Address:
- Link to Video Blog:
- Video blogs approximately two (2) minutes long.
- Link to Written Blog: (if applicable)
- Written Blog Guidelines:
- Length: Between 250 and 500 words.
- The written blog can be placed directly in the body of the e-mail, attached to the e-mail, or a link can be sent to the article on your blog site.
- Attached written blogs should be in plain text (.txt), a Word document (.doc), or rich text (.rtf). All entries attached should be in Times New Roman text format, font size 12, single spaced.
- Please do not use indents, emoticons, or all caps, and avoid slang terms unless it fits within the theme of your entry.
- Spell out server names, city names, and other terminology as much as possible.
- Please use spell check before submitting the entry. Entries will not be reviewed for typos, but those that require too much editing may be disqualified.
- Grand Prize Winners (Up to 4): Subject to eligibility requirements stated in the Official Rules, each Grand Prize winner will receive:
- One (1) Bloggie™ Touch camera featuring HD MP4 video capture, 12.8MP still photos and 3.0" touch screen, plus a 360° video accessory, works with iMovie® (approximate retail value: US$199.99)
- One (1) 2011 Fan Faire All-Access Pass (approximate retail value: US$129.00).
- Please view the Official Contest Rules below before submitting an entry.
- You must be 21 years of age or older and a U.S. resident in order to participate.
- Please remember to abide by Station Terms of Service when participating in this contest or you will be disqualified, and further action may be taken by SOE.