PvP Server Merge Information
On September 22nd, characters on the PvP server Venekor will be merged with Nagafen. This merger will continue plans to give our friends a better PvP experience. **Please note that the date is subject to change and is currently a projected date.
Such a change will create a number of related questions, so we have put together this list of things to know, and accompanying FAQ in the effort of answering as many of them up front as we can.
Server Merge: Venekor and Nagafen
- Naming Conflicts
- If, as a result of this server merge two or more characters have the same name, the conflict will be resolved as follows:
- If one of the characters has not logged into the game in the last 60 days, their character name will be appended with an 'x' to make it unique.
- If both characters have been logged into the game in the last 60 days, the character with the greatest amount of playtime will maintain their name.
- Guilds with duplicate names will be resolved using guild creation date to determine which guild keeps their name and which guild has their name appended with an 'x.'
- In Your Home
- All items in your homes will be inherited by the home's owner during the merge. If you have alts or friends as trustees to your home, have them pick up their items before the merge begins.
- If you have items in your friends' homes, be sure to reacquire them prior to the merge, or you will lose ownership during the merge process.
- After the merge any vendor items in your house will need to be re-placed in your new homes.
- You can use your house vault for storage. The items in your vault will maintain their association with your character.
- As a Vendor
- As noted above, your vendor house items will need to be placed again when you get to your new home.
- Vendor Events (the logs of what was sold, to whom, when, etc.) will not transfer.
- Until you sell something on your new server, your Total Coin Gain will read as 0. After you make a sale, it will display the sum of the total amounts of coin you gained on both servers.
Questions you may have :
Will there be free character transfers off (or on to) the PvP server?
Unfortunately at this time, transfers on or off the PvP server are still not permitted within our policies.
What will the server be named after the merge?
We are planning to leave the server name intact. It will still be Nagafen.
What happens if someone has the same name as me and I don't like how the default process renames my character?
Incoming characters with duplicate names should find an 'x' appended to their name to make it unique. If issues such as this affect your character after the merge, please use the /rename command to change your name. You will not need to buy a name change potion.
Will my guild merge intact?
If your guild has a leader, it will merge intact. However, guilds without leaders will NOT merge. If your guild does not have a leader, please submit a petition to have the situation rectified before the merge.
Currently we are planning to NOT transfer any character that has not logged into the game for more than 18 months, is below level 10, and has less than one plat in its inventory. If you have characters on Venekor that you wish to have transfered, you must make sure that you have logged into the game recently.
Please keep this information in mind as you prepare for the merge.
Thank you for your patience while the merge was getting set up, we hope you enjoy your new home!