There will be a Rise of Kunark beta for Varsoon from August 1, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) PDT until August 7, 2023 at 3:00 p.m PDT.
Explore the Timorous Deep as a Sarnak and relive the ongoing war between the Sarnak and Iksar empire!
Rise of Kunark Features:
- Level Cap Raised - New cap for Adventurer, Tradeskiller and Guild level is 80.
- AA Cap Raised - There will be 40 additional AAs available, raising the maximum to a total of 140. There will be new ways to gain AA exp as well.
- Class specific Epic Weapons
- Hundreds of new quests aimed at gameplay of all types: solo, group, and raid.
- Rediscover the continent of Kunark, with many zones as well as nostalgic zones from EQ1.
- Content is primarily focused on levels 1 to 20 (in the Sarnak area) and levels 65 to 80.
Check out the official trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQSG5CJMdlU
If you're interested in taking part in this beta test, here are the details about how to do that.
To patch and get into the Beta server:
- Open your LaunchPad.
- In the top-left corner, click the 'Version' link which will open the 'Select Game Version' panel.
- Choose 'Beta' in the drop-down menu, and then hit 'Apply' to begin patching.
- Hit 'Play' once the patching is completed.
Other Important Information:
- Beta installs into a sub-folder that takes about the same space as your live game version.
- Remember to set the 'Version' back to your regular setting to access your normal server.
- Players who wish to take part in the beta with their Live characters can use the /beta command in game to copy characters to the Beta server. This process can take up to 1 hour to complete.
- If your copied /beta character is not displaying on the Beta server, please create a level 1 character on Beta, log that character in, and then log it out. Copied character(s) should then appear on the character select screen.
- The Beta server may not always be accessible as patching and Beta server maintenance will occur whenever it’s necessary.
- The Beta server is wiped periodically, meaning Beta characters may be deleted with or without notice.
- Anything you do on a Beta server is exclusive to the Beta server, and will not affect your live characters, except when Beta rewards are offered for you to /claim on live.
Please report any bugs or issues found by using use /feedback or /bug.
Thank you, and we will see you on Beta!