We are always thinking about how to expound on your gaming experience, so from time-to-time we release content on a beta server for our community to check out and explore, and to ensure everything is working smoothly.
If you're interested in participating during a beta test, here are the details about how to do that.
To patch and get into the Beta server:
- Open your LaunchPad.
- In the top-left corner, click the 'Version' link which will open the 'Select Game Version' panel.
- Choose 'Beta' in the drop-down menu, and then hit 'Apply' to begin patching.
- Hit 'Play' once patching has completed.
Other Important Information:
- Beta installs into a sub-folder that takes about the same space as your live game version.
- Remember to set the 'Version' back to your regular setting to access your normal server.
- Players who wish to participate in the Game Update beta with their Live characters can use the /beta command in game to copy characters to the Beta server. This process can take up to 1 hour to complete.
- If your copied /beta character is not displaying on the Beta server, please create a level 1 character on Beta, log that character in, and then log it out. Copied character(s) should then appear on the character select screen.
- The Beta server may not always be accessible as patching and Beta server maintenance will occur whenever it’s necessary.
- The Beta server is wiped periodically, meaning Beta characters may be deleted with or without notice.
- Anything you do on a Beta server is exclusive to the Beta server, and will not affect your live characters, except when Beta rewards are offered for you to /claim on live.